Our Promise to You
As a client of Michael Brady & Co., LLC, you share both personal and financial information with us. Your privacy is important to us, and we are dedicated to safeguarding your personal and financial information.
Information Provided by Clients
In the normal course of doing business, we typically obtain the following non-public personal information about our clients:
- Personal information regarding our clients’ identity such as name, address and social security number;
- Information regarding securities transactions effected by us; and Client financial information such as net-worth, assets, income, bank account information and account balances.
How We Manage and Protect Your Personal Information
We do not sell information about current or former clients to third parties, nor is it our practice to disclose such information to third parties unless requested to do so by a client or client representative or, if necessary, in order to process a transaction, service an account or as permitted by law. Additionally, we may share information with outside companies that perform administrative services for us. However, our contractual arrangements with these service providers require them to treat your information as confidential.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about this notice.
Notice of Business Continuity Plans (Disaster Recovery Plans)
Recognizing how important it is to you that Michael Brady & Co., LLC make every effort to keep the unexpected from interfering with our operations, we have developed a series of contingency and disaster recovery plans. These plans provide detailed, pre-tested procedures for dealing with events such as fires, power outages, evacuations, sever weather, destructive acts, and other circumstances that could disrupt business continuity.
The plans have three goals:
- To prevent events and impacts that are within our control
- To ensure the continued operation of all aspects of our business and services in any circumstances to the extent possible
- To speed the resumption of any disrupted business activities and the recovery of any lost data as quickly as reasonable possible with minimal interruption, depending on the nature and extent of the business disruption.
Based on a companywide review of financial and operational risks, we have put in place contingency and disaster recovery plans that include these major elements:
- Backup and recovery technologies for all mission-critical systems
- Alternate customer communication systems, including the rerouting of our telephone numbers
- Alternate physical site locations and temporary housing for our essential personnel
- Access contingencies for technology and telecom systems
- Employee preparedness training
- Procedures for notifying customers in the event of a service disruption, including information on the length of the disruption and instructions for contacting Michael Brady & Co., LLC and support information
Most types of service disruptions should not affect your access to your accounts or your ability to withdraw available funds. At any time, you have the ability to contact your custodian directly for access to the available funds in your account. However, your ability to personally trade securities may be affected by events beyond the control of your custodian.
Our contingency and disaster recovery plans are reviewed and updated at least once each year to ensure that they allow for changes in technology, business operations, regulations, and physical facilities. This notice will be updated any time there are material changes. For a current copy of this notice please contact Michael Brady & Co., LLC at 440-235-2100.